Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Weezy Knows Baseball...!!

After about 7 months of blood, sweat, and tears, the time has finally come for a champion to emerge. Sure, winning their respective leagues was a great accomplishment, but going home without the World Series Championship Trophy makes your season as irrelevant as all of the other teams in baseball. 2nd place is 1st loser, or as Ricky Bobby might say, "If you ain't 1st, you're last." I'm sure we all can relate, when our respective teams make it to the "dance" and don't come home with the goods, who the hell cares about the rest of the season, or that they made it to the "dance," they suck because they didn't win. Maybe my shitty philosophy was bred into me where I grew up, or maybe you agree with me, who knows. The Bo Sox and the Rockies, who will win?

The answer is probably quite obvious, but then again, everyone probably said the same thing when the Marlins faced the Yankees in 2003. Oh, I just forgot, what Marlins pitcher had the greatest affect on that series, Josh Beckett, Marlins pulled off the upset. Well, he's a Red Sox now and he's pitching Game 1, not good news for the Rockies, especially after that long lay-off they had. Talk about jumping into a fire pit, good luck with that Colorado. However, Colorado has a couple of advantages in the series: they are being completely overlooked, almost to a point where it seems as if everyone outside of Colorado is saying the Red Sox might as well go ahead and start playing with themselves, Colorado has "the frozen tundra" of baseball, and they are riding that sick winning streak, 22 games I believe. Do I have to talk about Boston's advantages?

I didn't think so, but who knows, I guess that's why they play them huh? I still got Boston in 5, maybe they'll let it go 6, so they can celebrate in front of their home crowd. I'm sure it'll be about 20 degrees warmer as well. God bless and much love my brothers and sisters.



E-Weezy

No comments:

Post a Comment