Wednesday, October 3, 2007

OCTOBER LOVE...

It's that time of year again, when football takes the backseat for about 2 weeks. Please do not misinterpret me, I am a die hard football fan, but it's October. You begin to shiver a little bit more (I attribute that to our emotional reaction for the upcoming intensity of "THE" sports time of the year), others say it's because of the weather; leaves cover the ground, and like I said, a cornucopia of sports becomes available. As for now however, when you say 'October' I think baseball. 8 teams competing for the best looking trophy in sports, with one team only 11 wins away from becoming the World Champions.

It doesn't get anymore exciting than this, for some reason baseball possess an aura around this time of year. Is it because of all the legends the game has produced? Every sport has produced legends right, but baseball has something special about it. It's not the Super Bowl I know, but in all honesty how special does the Super Bowl feel when you are watching it? We all love those hilarious commercials right, but if there were no hilarious commercials and glamorous concerts, would you watch the Super Bowl? Probably, but I shouldn't have to say probably, it should be a non-hesitant yes.

You might not have watched a lick of baseball all year; but we all find ourselves watching the fall classic, a game with not even 3/4's of the glamour of the Super Bowl. So let's get ready baby (not to steal from one of my idols Dick Vitale); clean the house, call a babysitter, send the women somewheres (no offense ladies), order some pizzas, get out your gear, call over the boys, get ready to get drunk, and you better tell the neighbors it's going to be a long couple of weeks, because it's October brother, America's pastime is in her finest hour . God bless all and much love my brothers and sisters.



E-Weezy

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog, but have to tell you there are plenty of us "women" who love October baseball too...we send the men away so we can watch in peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. I apologize, you are 100%right, there are those special select women like yourself still out there. Most of my previous girlfriends rolled their eyes and complained, "This is no fun for me," or "Why do you always have to watch stupid sports?" It was wrong of me to generalize all women into that category and I hope you're able to enjoy watching all the ball games... with the Fellas!! Take Care and thank you for reading my stuff : )God Bless

    E-Weezy

    ReplyDelete