Friday, September 16, 2011

The Wrath of Tom Brady


Haz Bey
Tom Brady's performance last Monday Night was absolutely amazing.  He had me literally screaming at the T.V.  Not because I was so excited to see him put up "God-like" numbers, but because he caused me to have my first loss in fantasy football this season.  I was playing in my money league against my friend Kyle and I had a commanding lead on him.  I called his cell midway through the 4 o'clock games last Sunday to talk trash.  I told him "Tom Brady would have to have the game of his life to beat me."  Now, me saying this to him must have angered the "Sport Karma Gods", because it would have been virtually impossible for Tom Brady to make up the huge deficit that my friend Kyle was facing.  Tom Brady has always struggled to beat the Dolphins in Miami only going 4-5 in his trips to South Beach in his career.  So I had no doubt that my week was won and it was on the next 1.  Wrong, wrong! Somehow a higher being gave Tom Brady the power to tap in to his inner quarterback and display a performance of a lifetime.  Much like Mike Vick's Monday night in D.C. last year and Brett Favre's memorable performance in Oakland a many years back, Tom played the quarterback position as if he was man amongst boys.  Just about every throw was on the money.  Every time he called a run it seemed to pick up 8 yards plus, then he would hit one of his targets for big gains down the field.  He looked like Peyton Manning out there running that offense up and down the field leaving the Miami defenders gasping for air.  517 yards passing.  Did you read that right? 517 yards passing.  He also threw for 4 tds and a fluke interception.  Nothing killed my spirits more than seeing Tom Brady in shot-gun formation from the 1 yard line with an empty backfield and seeing the formation that Miami was in knowing that they can easily get beat if Tom recognizes it.  Oh he did in a big way and when Tom let the ball in the air, I seen a safety for the Dolphins try to jump the route as if Tom didn't get enough air on the ball instead of playing back not allowing Wes Welker to receive the pass.  Then Wes gets the ball runs right threw a lame attempt at a tackle and runs up the sidelines for a 99 1/2 yard score.  I was yelling "NOOOOOOOO!" as the ball left Tom's hand all the way until Wes scored.  Tom Brady did it.  He made up the huge deficit I had on my friend Kyle causing him to beat me in fantasy in by only 4 points.  I had been humbled by Tom Brady.  It was full circle.  I said he couldn't do it and he proved me wrong.  He personally snatched victory right from my hands.  Much like his early career Tom had to prove people wrong that doubted him and 3 Super Bowl rings later what do they have to say about him now.  Nothing and that what I have to say about him, nothing.  You know though, let me say this.  Tom Brady is the best quarterback I have ever seen, seriously and I didn't need last Monday night's game realize that.  That is just what I have seen from him over his entire career and if you want to bet against him, be my guest, but more times than not he will prove you wrong.  That's just what he does, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment